Well, it’s been a relatively slow week on Kickstarter for me. I’ve only got two new projects to show you this week.
First up, we have H.P. Lovecraft’s Reanimator – Mystery Board Game; “a tabletop game of horror and mad science. You and your friends take on the role of assistants to the mad genius Herbert West. Travelling around the ill-begotten town of Arkham, Massachusetts, you will gather musty Tomes, mysterious Ingredients, and even Cadavers of the recently deceased for your dark work. And what work would that be? To turn back death itself!” Currently, the project is at $9,778 of its $12,500 goal. It’s a little over halfway funded, but with only 8 days remaining, I think it’ll be hard pressed to reach its goal. Here’s to hoping.
Next, and last, we have STEM: Epic Heroes; “a fun and fast paced game that is easily picked up by new players, while providing a light layer of depth for seasoned gamers. Your goal is to use Heroes to make discoveries, enhance your score with items and locations, and use inspiration cards to accelerate your progress and disrupt your opponents. Core mechanics are based around competitive set collection with some take that elements.” Currently, the project is at $25,509 of its $10,000 goal, so it is already fully funded. If your a science fan, this one looks like it’ll be a hit for you, so make sure to snag a copy in the next 23 days.
What Am I Backing All the Way?
Of the two projects above, I am backing only STEM. As much as I love H.P. Lovecraft and Lovecraftian themed games, my collection is inundated with them and, with how hard I’m hitting Arkham Horror: The Card Game, other Lovecraftian games are on the backburner for me right now.
Oh I also ended up backing Champions of Hara and decided not to go all the way on my pledge to ZiPANG. Had a small reversal there.
What’s My Favorite Project This Week?
STEM also happens to be my favorite project this week. As I mentioned above, my collection is drowning in Lovecraftian themes and STEM is something that I haven’t quite seen before. Parts of it are familiar, yes, and I’m sure there are other games out there that share a theme, but STEM really caught my eye.
And now, the updates:
- All or One is at $8,544 and has 6 days remaining on its campaign. I remain skeptical that this one will be fully funded by the end.
- Champions of Hara is at $79,786 and has 4 days remaining on its campaign.
- Highlander – The Duel is at $8,363 and has 28 days remaining on its campaign.
- The Legend of Korra: Pro-Bending Arena is at $146,138 and has 5 days remaining on its campaign.
- Nightfall at Camp Havenwood is at $7,193 (less than half of its funding goal) and has 19 days remaining on its campaign. I think this one may be dead in the water at this point.
- Valhal was cancelled.
- Vasty Wilds was successfully funded and ended its campaign at $5,732. Late pledges/pre-orders are not available at this time.
- War Titans: Invaders Must Die! is at $41,702 and has 18 days remaining on its campaign.
- Zero Gravity is at $59,231 and has 11 days remaining on its campaign.
- ZiPANG Portable was successfully funded and ended its campaign at $18,115. Late pledges/pre-orders are not available at this time.