Hello, everyone and welcome to October! This year has gone crazy fast, I can’t believe it’s almost over. For now, I have a few projects to show you, so let’s take a look.
First up today we have Human Punishment; “a social deduction game for 4-16 players, where players belong to one of three teams: the remnants of Humanity, the vengeful Machines, or the selfish Outlaws. Each team has its own special victory condition, as well as unique hidden roles (ID cards) and abilities.” Essentially, this like a sci-fi version of Werewolf. Currently, the project is at $29,339 of its $14,177 goal, so it is very much funded. It has 10 days to go if you’re interested in backing.
Next up, we have Trench; Trench is “a timeless, innovative abstract strategy game for two players, based on the trench wars of WWI”. Think of it as a chess clone, albeit with subtle differences. Currently, the project is at $11,562 of its $4,700 goal, so it too is already funded. It has another 18 days to go if it looks like your sort of game.
Bringing up the rear today is Tsukuyumi – Full Moon Down; “a board game without any elements of luck or chance, that demands specific strategic skills of its 3-5 (6) players. The modular battlefield represents the dried out ground of the former Pacific Ocean: up to 40 hexagonal area tiles circle the moon panels, providing resources, score points, impassable sections and contaminations. The goal is to gather as many score points as possible through conquering and occupying areas – thus becoming the most dominant species on the board.” Currently, the project is at $38,180 of its $42,532 goal. At this point it is practically guaranteed to reach its funding goal and it has another 34 days to go.
What Am I Backing All the Way?
Right now, I don’t have any of the above projects backed all the way. I am on the fence about Trench and I like the look of Tsukuyumi, but at a minimum required player count of 3, it wouldn’t see much action at my place so I will most likely not be going all in on it.
What’s My Favorite Project This Week?
As with my above spiel, my favorite project this week is a toss up between Trench and Tsukuyumi. I enjoy abstract games, so Trench gets my vote in that respect, but I’m quite partial to the artwork of Tsukuyumi.
And now, the updates:
- All or One was successfully funded and ended its campaign at $14,069. Late pledges/pre-orders are not available at this time.
- Champions of Hara was successfully funded and ended its campaign at $143,555. Late pledges/pre-orders are not available at this time.
- Highlander – The Duel is at $10,839, is now funded, and has 21 days remaining on its campaign.
- The Legend of Korra: Pro-Bending Arena was successfully funded and ended its campaign at $254,501. Late pledges/pre-orders are not available at this time.
- Nightfall at Camp Havenwood is at $7,173 and has 12 days remaining on its campaign. Having lost $20 since last week, there is zero chance of this once hitting its goal before the campaign ends.
- War Titans: Invaders Must Die! is at $44,347 and has 11 days to go on its campaign. It’s about $20k away from it’s goal, so this one really needs a growth spurt in the next week if it’s going to make it.
- Zero Gravity was cancelled.